ESTIMATING BEST PRACTICES SEMINAR
This seminar teaches Collision Advice’s PROVEN approach to writing a repair plan for a safe and proper repair. This approach begins with scanning the vehicle and researching OEM repair procedures. This seminar then guides you through the process of analyzing damage, completing a 100% disassembly and documenting the damage in a way that assists in negotiating with and getting reimbursed by insurers.
Attendees will acquire the knowledge and understanding of key considerations when replacing a damaged component, such as non-reusable parts, adjacent panel damage, corrosion protection and much more. You will also learn what changing vehicle design and the use of various new substrates means to you as an estimator, especially when it comes to repair versus replace decisions and structural repairs. Finally, we’ll cover some not-included refinish operations, so you understand what they are, when they are required and how to get paid for them. Repair centers attending this seminar have seen an average increase
of $300 to $400 per RO!
This program includes:
- Our “Learn to research; research to learn” philosophy!
- How to write a damage analysis in conjunction with 100% disassembly
- An introduction to collision accident avoidance features and how they impact the repair plan
- How to document structural repairs
- What corrosion protection is worth from a labor and materials perspective when estimating
- The importance of pre-repair and post-repair scanning
- How to use the four negotiation questions to justify and improve your negotiations with insurers
- How to get paid for hotly contested items, such as prepping raw plastic, blend within a panel, “feather, prime and block”, masking operations, weld burn damage and much more.
Repair centers attending this seminar have seen an average increase of $300 to $400 per RO!
RECEIVE SIX (6) I-CAR CREDITS AND EIGHTEEN (18) AMI CREDIT FOR ATTENDING SEMINAR. REPAIR CENTERS ATTENDING THIS SEMINAR HAVE SEEN AN AVERAGE INCREASE OF $300 TO $400 PER ESTIMATE!
Dates & Locations:
Friday, May 10, 2019
9:00 A – 4:00 PM
Ohio Auto Kolor
2600 Fisher Rd
Saturday, May 11, 2019
Education Service Center of Northeast Ohio
6393 Oak Tree Blvd South
Independence, OH. 44131
ASA Ohio Member: $175.00 Per Person
Non-ASA Ohio: $250.00 Per Person
Continental Breakfast & Lunch Included
Instructor: Scott Simmons